Frequently Asked Questions
We know that you and your family will have lots of questions when you are considering a residential care home, so we have put together a few answers to the questions we are often asked.
Your care is personal to you so please do not be frightened to ask us questions and we will do our very best to make sure we answer them.
Can I have a telephone in my room?
Yes, although you are responsible for the installation and the bill.
Will I still be able to vote?
Absolutely and we encourage this. Postal vote can be arranged for those who wish.
In my own home I always had something to do, what will I do in Nazareth Lodge?
Nazareth Lodge is well known for a variety of entertainment at no extra cost to you. These are designed for one to one, small or large groups. Every month we offer a new and varied agenda which you can join in with or, if you prefer, sit and watch the world go by.
I am concerned about my finances, what if they run out, will I be asked to leave?
Prior to admission, we would strongly recommend that you take independent financial advice from a specialist organisation (we can provide you with several contacts). The planning of long term care funding is complex and we have found these organisations to be extremely helpful and resourceful.
What would happen if my health deteriorated whilst I was living at Nazareth Lodge?
We will always try to meet your care needs. We liaise constantly with the GP and Community Nursing Service to ensure we have access to the latest information on all aspects of care. Whilst we strive to enable residents to stay with us as long as possible, from time to time, due to the specialist care requirements of some illnesses and disabilities, we may not be able to meet those care needs. In these circumstances we would be guided by the expertise of the GP and Community Nursing Service.
By achieving Platinum Status in our Gold Standard Framework Accreditation we are able to manage End of Life care needs in a far more pro-active way, thus reducing unnecessary admission into nursing homes and hospitals.
What are your terms & conditions?
Our fees include all personal care, accommodation, all meals, heating and light, personal laundry (except dry cleaning), regular chiropody, all activities and entertainment. The resident is responsible for payment of newspapers, hairdresser, toiletries, telephone bills.
- Room prices are dependant on the size of the room, ensuite facilities and the care needs of the individual. Fees are paid four weekly, in advance, by standing order and may be reviewed following significant changes to care needs. Two weeks’ notice will be given under these circumstances. Please contact the home for an initial estimate based on your needs.
- There is a review of fees each year and four weeks’ notice will be given of any changes.
- We require documentary evidence of a resident’s financial situation along with a copy of both Health & Welfare and Financial powers of attorney for the file.
- Four week’s notice will be required if a resident decides to move to another home or if Nazareth Lodge is unable to meet the care needs of the resident.
- We have no requirement to pay large fees in advance. Normal practice is to ask for one week’s fees to be used as a deposit for the room which would be deducted from the first payment.
This is just an overview of our terms and conditions. Please contact us for more in depth information.